- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Wade to Continue Playing Through Injury, Udrih to Return Monday
- Updated: January 23, 2016
The Miami Heat are hurting and they’re hurting bad.
The Heat currently have eight players going through some sort of injury or ailment. The team is clearly struggling as a result, as they recently dropped their fourth straight game in a loss to the Toronto Raptors on Friday night. At 23-21, the team is tied for the seventh-best record in the Eastern Conference with the Boston Celtics.
“At this point, man, I don’t think I’ve got time to wait around to feel great,” he said. “We’re so many bodies down. I want to go out there and give our team what I can.”
The Heat are still decimated by injuries, but they received a bit of bright news this weekend as Beno Udrih fully expects to be back for Monday night’s game versus the Chicago Bulls, via Lieser:
“Beno Udrih (strained neck muscle) was somewhat close to playing Friday and fully expects to be back Monday. That would be a huge help for the Heat with Goran Dragic out.”
While Udrih is expected to be back on Monday, Goran Dragic (calf strain) won’t return until Friday’s game at Milwaukee at the very earliest.