- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat News: Tyler Johnson Sidelined At Least Two Months After Shoulder Surgery
- Updated: February 1, 2016
According to Yahoo Sports’ Shams Charania, Johnson will undergo surgery on his left shoulder this week. The 23-year-old guard has dealt with issues on his left shoulder the entire season and had previously stated he would hold off on surgery until after the season.
Miami’s Tyler Johnson will undergo surgery on his left shoulder this week and likely out two-plus months, league sources tell The Vertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 1, 2016
Johnson will be sidelined for at least the next two months, which means he might not be back when the regular season concludes on April 13th.
The Heat have dealt with injuries to most of their roster for the first half of the season. The team was finally starting to get healthy as Goran Dragic, Beno Udrih and Josh McRoberts recently returned to the lineup over the past week.
Johnson provided stability to the point guard position with both Dragic and Udrih sidelined due to injuries. The second-year guard had averaged 8.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game in 36 contests this season.