- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
Miami Heat News: Tyler Johnson Needs Offseason Surgery on Shoulder
- Updated: December 16, 2015
However, it doesn’t mean that he’ll be 100 percent when he does.
Johnson has a left shoulder injury which has sidelined him over the past three games. While the second-year shooting guard may make his return on Wednesday night versus the Brooklyn Nets, the injury will require offseason surgery.
Johnson commented on the shoulder injury by saying it could potentially mess with his shot:
“It definitely will mess with my shot if I go out there like this. You’d have to use a different motion.”
The shoulder issue has bothered him since his college days at Fresno State. And although shoulder surgery is required, for now, he’ll play through it and wait for the offseason to go under the knife.
Despite the injury, Johnson insists he’ll play on Wednesday night versus the Nets:
“It just got a little bit irritated, so we’re trying to calm it down. I’ll for sure play on Wednesday (at Brooklyn).”
The 23-year-old guard is averaging 9.6 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.4 rebounds per game in 19 appearances this season.