- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15M-$20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
Miami Heat News: Heat Release James Johnson’s MRI Results
- Updated: February 22, 2019
Miami Heat forward James Johnson left Thursday night’s loss to the Philadelphia 76ers with a shoulder injury. On Friday, an MRI revealed that the veteran power forward suffered a sprain in his AC joint.
Per Heat: James Johnson’s MTI revealed a slight Left AC Sprain. He will be listed as doubtful for tomorrow’s game.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 22, 2019
After serving as an above average rotational player in his first two seasons with the Heat, Johnson’s play has taken a step back this season. He averaged 11.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.7 assists over the 2016-17 season and 2017-18 season.
This season, however, he is recording just 7.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
This injury is unlikely to help with his falling numbers.
The Heat will look to overcome Johnson’s potential absence in Saturday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons. At the moment, the Pistons are just a half game ahead of the Heat in the playoff race.