- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- The Insane Amount of Money Miami Heat Reward Erik Spoelstra After Every Single Win
- Report: Celtics Had to Separate Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown Before ‘Physical Altercation’ Could Occur
- Report: Jimmy Butler Showed Incredible Bond With Miami Heat Teammates With Selfless Birthday Act
Miami Heat News: Heat Release James Johnson’s MRI Results
- Updated: February 22, 2019
Miami Heat forward James Johnson left Thursday night’s loss to the Philadelphia 76ers with a shoulder injury. On Friday, an MRI revealed that the veteran power forward suffered a sprain in his AC joint.
Per Heat: James Johnson’s MTI revealed a slight Left AC Sprain. He will be listed as doubtful for tomorrow’s game.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 22, 2019
After serving as an above average rotational player in his first two seasons with the Heat, Johnson’s play has taken a step back this season. He averaged 11.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.7 assists over the 2016-17 season and 2017-18 season.
This season, however, he is recording just 7.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
This injury is unlikely to help with his falling numbers.
The Heat will look to overcome Johnson’s potential absence in Saturday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons. At the moment, the Pistons are just a half game ahead of the Heat in the playoff race.