- Justise Winslow Suggests Miami Heat’s Offense ‘More Complex and Complicated’ This Year
- Report: Jimmy Butler Requested Trade Out of Minnesota Due to Andrew Wiggins Receiving Contract Extension
- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
Miami Heat News: Heat Release James Johnson’s MRI Results
- Updated: February 22, 2019
Miami Heat forward James Johnson left Thursday night’s loss to the Philadelphia 76ers with a shoulder injury. On Friday, an MRI revealed that the veteran power forward suffered a sprain in his AC joint.
Per Heat: James Johnson’s MTI revealed a slight Left AC Sprain. He will be listed as doubtful for tomorrow’s game.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 22, 2019
After serving as an above average rotational player in his first two seasons with the Heat, Johnson’s play has taken a step back this season. He averaged 11.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.7 assists over the 2016-17 season and 2017-18 season.
This season, however, he is recording just 7.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
This injury is unlikely to help with his falling numbers.
The Heat will look to overcome Johnson’s potential absence in Saturday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons. At the moment, the Pistons are just a half game ahead of the Heat in the playoff race.