- Report: Miami Heat ‘purposely’ showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Miami Heat News: Meyers Leonard to Miss Entire West Coast Road Trip Due to Injury
- Updated: February 5, 2020
The Miami Heat are going to be shorthanded for the next few games.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) February 5, 2020
Leonard, 27, has started in the first 49 games of the season for the Heat.
The big man injured his ankle against the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, and did not return to the contest.
Now, it looks like Leonard will miss the next couple weeks of action.
Perhaps the most unfortunate part of this development, Leonard will not get a chance to have his reunion game in Portland on Sunday.
The University of Illinois product played on the Portland Trail Blazers for the first seven years of his career.
Last summer, the Heat acquired the veteran in a trade that saw former franchise star Hassan Whiteside leave Miami. Leonard is the final year of a four-year, $41 million contract that he signed with the Trail Blazers in 2016.
The 7-footer is averaging a solid 6.1 points and 5.1 boards per game this season.