- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Miami Heat News: Meyers Leonard to Miss Entire West Coast Road Trip Due to Injury
- Updated: February 5, 2020
The Miami Heat are going to be shorthanded for the next few games.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) February 5, 2020
Leonard, 27, has started in the first 49 games of the season for the Heat.
The big man injured his ankle against the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, and did not return to the contest.
Now, it looks like Leonard will miss the next couple weeks of action.
Perhaps the most unfortunate part of this development, Leonard will not get a chance to have his reunion game in Portland on Sunday.
The University of Illinois product played on the Portland Trail Blazers for the first seven years of his career.
Last summer, the Heat acquired the veteran in a trade that saw former franchise star Hassan Whiteside leave Miami. Leonard is the final year of a four-year, $41 million contract that he signed with the Trail Blazers in 2016.
The 7-footer is averaging a solid 6.1 points and 5.1 boards per game this season.