- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Sent to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 30, 2015
Winderman notes that Richardson did not return with the Heat following their loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday night. Instead, the 2015 second-round draft pick traveled commercially to Ontario to join the Sioux Falls Skyforce for Thursday night’s game versus the Toronto Raptors’ D-League affiliate.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 30, 2015
Richardson has seen minimal playing time so far this season, appearing in just 13 games with one start. He has struggled during his rookie season, averaging just 1.7 points, 1.1 assists and 0.5 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game. The University of Tennessee product is converting on just 31.6 percent of his shots.
With the Heat healthy at the point guard position, it left very little playing time for the 22-year-old rookie. At Sioux Falls, Richardson will see a lot more playing time as he continues to develop as a prospect within the organization.