- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Sent to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 30, 2015
Winderman notes that Richardson did not return with the Heat following their loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday night. Instead, the 2015 second-round draft pick traveled commercially to Ontario to join the Sioux Falls Skyforce for Thursday night’s game versus the Toronto Raptors’ D-League affiliate.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 30, 2015
Richardson has seen minimal playing time so far this season, appearing in just 13 games with one start. He has struggled during his rookie season, averaging just 1.7 points, 1.1 assists and 0.5 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game. The University of Tennessee product is converting on just 31.6 percent of his shots.
With the Heat healthy at the point guard position, it left very little playing time for the 22-year-old rookie. At Sioux Falls, Richardson will see a lot more playing time as he continues to develop as a prospect within the organization.