- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Sent to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 30, 2015
Winderman notes that Richardson did not return with the Heat following their loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday night. Instead, the 2015 second-round draft pick traveled commercially to Ontario to join the Sioux Falls Skyforce for Thursday night’s game versus the Toronto Raptors’ D-League affiliate.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 30, 2015
Richardson has seen minimal playing time so far this season, appearing in just 13 games with one start. He has struggled during his rookie season, averaging just 1.7 points, 1.1 assists and 0.5 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game. The University of Tennessee product is converting on just 31.6 percent of his shots.
With the Heat healthy at the point guard position, it left very little playing time for the 22-year-old rookie. At Sioux Falls, Richardson will see a lot more playing time as he continues to develop as a prospect within the organization.