- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Three Players Ahead of Deadline
- Updated: October 14, 2017
Just one day after the Miami Heat‘s final preseason game, the team has decided to waive three players in an effort to reduce the roster limit to 15 players.
Liggins, who signed with the Heat four days ago, played in the team’s preseason finale against the Philadelphia 76ers. In about 26 minutes, the shooting guard put up five points, three rebounds and a steal. Liggins has also played with the Orlando Magic, Oklahoma City Thunder, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks over the course of his four seasons in the NBA
McCree played in just two preseason games with the Heat, computing a mere six points, three rebounds, one assist and one steal while shooting 3-of-8 from the field. Miami added the undrafted Louisiana Tech University small forward on Sept. 18.
Mitchell, who played in no preseason games with the Heat, actually has a loaded resume in the NBA G League. In 78 NBA G league appearances (52 starts), the 6-foot-8 wing averaged 21.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals and 32.7 minutes while shooting 42.5 percent from the field. In addition, Mitchell earned G League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 while being named to the All-G League First Team and All-G League Rookie Team.
The Heat’s roster now stands at 17 players, but the Heat could make some interesting moves in the next few hours.