- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Three Players Ahead of Deadline
- Updated: October 14, 2017
Just one day after the Miami Heat‘s final preseason game, the team has decided to waive three players in an effort to reduce the roster limit to 15 players.
Liggins, who signed with the Heat four days ago, played in the team’s preseason finale against the Philadelphia 76ers. In about 26 minutes, the shooting guard put up five points, three rebounds and a steal. Liggins has also played with the Orlando Magic, Oklahoma City Thunder, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks over the course of his four seasons in the NBA
McCree played in just two preseason games with the Heat, computing a mere six points, three rebounds, one assist and one steal while shooting 3-of-8 from the field. Miami added the undrafted Louisiana Tech University small forward on Sept. 18.
Mitchell, who played in no preseason games with the Heat, actually has a loaded resume in the NBA G League. In 78 NBA G league appearances (52 starts), the 6-foot-8 wing averaged 21.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals and 32.7 minutes while shooting 42.5 percent from the field. In addition, Mitchell earned G League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 while being named to the All-G League First Team and All-G League Rookie Team.
The Heat’s roster now stands at 17 players, but the Heat could make some interesting moves in the next few hours.