- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Three Players Ahead of Deadline
- Updated: October 14, 2017
Just one day after the Miami Heat‘s final preseason game, the team has decided to waive three players in an effort to reduce the roster limit to 15 players.
Liggins, who signed with the Heat four days ago, played in the team’s preseason finale against the Philadelphia 76ers. In about 26 minutes, the shooting guard put up five points, three rebounds and a steal. Liggins has also played with the Orlando Magic, Oklahoma City Thunder, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks over the course of his four seasons in the NBA
McCree played in just two preseason games with the Heat, computing a mere six points, three rebounds, one assist and one steal while shooting 3-of-8 from the field. Miami added the undrafted Louisiana Tech University small forward on Sept. 18.
Mitchell, who played in no preseason games with the Heat, actually has a loaded resume in the NBA G League. In 78 NBA G league appearances (52 starts), the 6-foot-8 wing averaged 21.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals and 32.7 minutes while shooting 42.5 percent from the field. In addition, Mitchell earned G League Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 while being named to the All-G League First Team and All-G League Rookie Team.
The Heat’s roster now stands at 17 players, but the Heat could make some interesting moves in the next few hours.