- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Khem Birch
- Updated: October 25, 2014
The Miami Heat waived C/PF Khem Birch out of UNLV.
— Jorge Sedano (@SedanoESPN) October 25, 2014
Looks like Duke SG Andre Dawkins could stick with Heat — Jorge Sedano (@SedanoESPN) October 25, 2014
The move is very surprising because of the Heat’s lack of rebounding prowess and inside presence, especially with Miami’s newfound backup shooting guard in Mario Chalmers.
Birch averaged 16.9 minutes in six games and was able to pull down 5.5 rebounds and block 1.17 shots per game. His rebounding average was second best on the team, while he led the Heat in blocked shots. In my opinion, Birch was exactly the type of player the Heat needed: a nitty, gritty blue-collared type of player that could help the team without having to touch the basketball.
Apparently the Heat organization didn’t see that, as they found Birch to be too one-dimensional and not able to provide anything on the offensive end.
Since the Heat now have 15 players heading into the regular season, they will not be forced to make anymore roster cuts, however, they will have to decide which two players will be placed on the inactive list by opening night.