- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Khem Birch
- Updated: October 25, 2014
The Miami Heat waived C/PF Khem Birch out of UNLV.
— Jorge Sedano (@SedanoESPN) October 25, 2014
Looks like Duke SG Andre Dawkins could stick with Heat — Jorge Sedano (@SedanoESPN) October 25, 2014
The move is very surprising because of the Heat’s lack of rebounding prowess and inside presence, especially with Miami’s newfound backup shooting guard in Mario Chalmers.
Birch averaged 16.9 minutes in six games and was able to pull down 5.5 rebounds and block 1.17 shots per game. His rebounding average was second best on the team, while he led the Heat in blocked shots. In my opinion, Birch was exactly the type of player the Heat needed: a nitty, gritty blue-collared type of player that could help the team without having to touch the basketball.
Apparently the Heat organization didn’t see that, as they found Birch to be too one-dimensional and not able to provide anything on the offensive end.
Since the Heat now have 15 players heading into the regular season, they will not be forced to make anymore roster cuts, however, they will have to decide which two players will be placed on the inactive list by opening night.