- Miami Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra Takes Veiled Shot at Toronto Raptors
- Video: Goran Dragic Suffers Injury at End of Miami Heat-Boston Celtics Game
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss Matchup vs. Boston Celtics With New Injury
- Report: Pat Riley Had to Lend Erik Spoelstra Several Armani Suits When He Became Miami Heat Coach
- Erik Spoelstra Explains Why He’s Encouraging Jae Crowder to Shoot From Even ‘Deeper Range’
- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Michael Beasley for Remainder of Season
- Updated: March 17, 2015
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel and Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press, Beasley is indeed here to stay.
Spoelstra indicated Beasley will be signed for balance of season. Wednesday.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) March 17, 2015
Considering Michael Beasley is making a appearance on team’s behalf later today, there is no uncertainty. He’s staying for rest of season.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) March 17, 2015
Beasley continues to be an important asset to the Heat coming off the bench, as the former number two overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft has averaged 9.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in 10 games for Miami this season.
“Overall, I feel like I’ve gotten better as a player on both sides of the floor and also as a person,” Beasley said Tuesday afternoon after practice. “I feel like I’ve showed I can help a team win.”
As the Heat square off against the Portland Trailblazers tomorrow night at American Airlines Arena, fans can expect Beasley to continue to contribute towards a playoff push.