- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
Miami Heat News: Heat to Sign Michael Beasley for Remainder of Season
- Updated: March 17, 2015
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel and Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press, Beasley is indeed here to stay.
Spoelstra indicated Beasley will be signed for balance of season. Wednesday.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) March 17, 2015
Considering Michael Beasley is making a appearance on team’s behalf later today, there is no uncertainty. He’s staying for rest of season.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) March 17, 2015
Beasley continues to be an important asset to the Heat coming off the bench, as the former number two overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft has averaged 9.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in 10 games for Miami this season.
“Overall, I feel like I’ve gotten better as a player on both sides of the floor and also as a person,” Beasley said Tuesday afternoon after practice. “I feel like I’ve showed I can help a team win.”
As the Heat square off against the Portland Trailblazers tomorrow night at American Airlines Arena, fans can expect Beasley to continue to contribute towards a playoff push.