- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat News: Heat To Call Up Center Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: November 23, 2014
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 23, 2014
Whiteside was a second round pick of the Sacramento Kings in 2010 and played 19 games for them over the span of two seasons. He has been sent up and down between the Energy and its parent team, the Memphis Grizzlies, who Whiteside has not played for yet in a regular season game.
In his only two games with the Energy this season, Whiteside is averaging 21.0 points, 15.5 rebounds, and 6.0 blocks. With the Heat’s apparent lack of interior defense and shaky big men due to injuries, the former Kings’ big man would be a valuable addition to Miami’s front line.
Note: Justin Hamilton‘s contract doesn’t become guaranteed until December 1, so if Whiteside does sign with the Heat, he could potentially push Hamilton out.