- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Miami Heat News: Heat To Call Up Center Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: November 23, 2014
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 23, 2014
Whiteside was a second round pick of the Sacramento Kings in 2010 and played 19 games for them over the span of two seasons. He has been sent up and down between the Energy and its parent team, the Memphis Grizzlies, who Whiteside has not played for yet in a regular season game.
In his only two games with the Energy this season, Whiteside is averaging 21.0 points, 15.5 rebounds, and 6.0 blocks. With the Heat’s apparent lack of interior defense and shaky big men due to injuries, the former Kings’ big man would be a valuable addition to Miami’s front line.
Note: Justin Hamilton‘s contract doesn’t become guaranteed until December 1, so if Whiteside does sign with the Heat, he could potentially push Hamilton out.