- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Tony Mitchell, Waive Larry Drew II
- Updated: October 12, 2017
One addition and one subtraction to the Miami Heat roster took place on Thursday when the team announced that forward Tony Mitchell had been signed by the team and guard Larry Drew II had been waived.
Mitchell played three games in the NBA during the 2013-14 season after signing a 10-day contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.
The bulk of Mitchell’s professional experience has come in the G League and playing on the international level. Mitchell started in 52 of his 78 G League games, averaging 32.7 minutes per contest. He averaged 21.2 points, while shooting 42.5 percent from the field. He also averaged 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.28 steals. As a result of his strong play, Mitchell was named G League Rookie of the Year in 2013, while also being named to the All-G League First Team and All-G League Rookie Team
During the past three seasons, Mitchell has played overseas for a multitude of different teams.
Drew II played in just one preseason game, the Oct. 5 game against Brooklyn. In that game, he played five minutes and collected one rebound, one steal and one assist.