- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Josh Richardson to Three-Year Rookie Deal
- Updated: July 28, 2015
Just days after letting go of Shabazz Napier, Henry Walker, and Zoran Dragic, it looks like the Miami Heat are going to invest in rookie Josh Richardson to supplement the team’s backcourt for the near future.
Richardson, who was the 40th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, has agreed to terms on a three-year, $2.5 million deal, with the first year being fully guaranteed and the second year being partially guaranteed according to RealGM.
The 6’6″ guard out of the University of Tennessee averaged 11.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.7 steals, and 1.6 assists in 10 summer league games.
The Heat expect Richardson to make an immediate impact on the defensive end and transition into a solid backcourt role.