- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Jordan Mickey to Veteran-Minimum Deal
- Updated: August 18, 2017
According to The Vertical’s Sham Charania, the Heat and Mickey have agreed to a guaranteed $1.5 million contract with a 2018-19 team option.
Sources: Former Celtics draft pick Jordan Mickey is finalizing a guaranteed $1.5M minimum deal with the Miami Heat, with '18-19 team option.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 18, 2017
The 23-year-old forward appeared in 41 games with the Celtics over his two seasons in Boston and averaged 1.4 points and 1.1 rebounds in those games. He was much more successful during his time with the Celtics’ D-League affiliate Maine Red Claws, when he averaged 20.8 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks per game. He also averaged 43.8 percent from the three-point line while playing with the Red Claws.
Mickey still has much to prove in the NBA, but with his 6-foot-8 frame and ability to shoot from deep, he could prove to be a valuable asset coming off the bench.