- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Jordan Mickey to Veteran-Minimum Deal
- Updated: August 18, 2017
According to The Vertical’s Sham Charania, the Heat and Mickey have agreed to a guaranteed $1.5 million contract with a 2018-19 team option.
Sources: Former Celtics draft pick Jordan Mickey is finalizing a guaranteed $1.5M minimum deal with the Miami Heat, with '18-19 team option.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 18, 2017
The 23-year-old forward appeared in 41 games with the Celtics over his two seasons in Boston and averaged 1.4 points and 1.1 rebounds in those games. He was much more successful during his time with the Celtics’ D-League affiliate Maine Red Claws, when he averaged 20.8 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks per game. He also averaged 43.8 percent from the three-point line while playing with the Red Claws.
Mickey still has much to prove in the NBA, but with his 6-foot-8 frame and ability to shoot from deep, he could prove to be a valuable asset coming off the bench.