- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
- Miami Heat Superstar Jimmy Butler’s Immediate Reaction to Going Up 2-0 on Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal’s Fiancée Favors Him to Miami Heat After All-NBA Snub
- Report: Boston Celtics Guard Doubtful to Return After Suffering Injury in Game 2
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 2 Live Stream: Watch NBA Playoffs Online and on TV
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Files 3 Trademarks for His Big Face Coffee Business
- Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Rivals Were ‘Chuckling’ and Had ‘Genuine Concern’ for Miami Heat During 2017-18 Season
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Guard Luis Montero, Waive Keith Benson
- Updated: October 18, 2016
The Miami Heat continued their series of roster changes Tuesday afternoon by signing guard Luis Montero and waiving center Keith Benson.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have signed G Luis Montero & waived Keith Benson.
Montero, 23, had played in 12 games with the Portland Trail Blazers last season before getting released a few days ago. The 6-foot-7 guard will most likely be waived by the Heat as well but could be assigned to Miami’s D-League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Benson, 28, was signed by the Heat last month and appeared in three preseason games, averaging 7.3 points and 3.3 rebounds. The big man showed potential last season with the Skyforce, playing in 49 games (23 starts) and averaging 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 1.57 blocks, while shooting 57.3 percent from the field.
Both players could be called back to the Heat later on in the season, similarly to how the Heat have brought back Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and Briante Weber in the past. The Heat have until Monday’s deadline to trim their roster to the regular season limit of 15 players.