- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Guard Luis Montero, Waive Keith Benson
- Updated: October 18, 2016
The Miami Heat continued their series of roster changes Tuesday afternoon by signing guard Luis Montero and waiving center Keith Benson.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have signed G Luis Montero & waived Keith Benson.
Montero, 23, had played in 12 games with the Portland Trail Blazers last season before getting released a few days ago. The 6-foot-7 guard will most likely be waived by the Heat as well but could be assigned to Miami’s D-League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Benson, 28, was signed by the Heat last month and appeared in three preseason games, averaging 7.3 points and 3.3 rebounds. The big man showed potential last season with the Skyforce, playing in 49 games (23 starts) and averaging 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 1.57 blocks, while shooting 57.3 percent from the field.
Both players could be called back to the Heat later on in the season, similarly to how the Heat have brought back Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and Briante Weber in the past. The Heat have until Monday’s deadline to trim their roster to the regular season limit of 15 players.