- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
- Report: Jimmy Butler Says Bam Adebayo ‘Best Teammate’ He’s Ever Had
- Report: Miami Heat Privately Described Bam Adebayo as ‘Anti-Hassan’ on Draft Night
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Guard Luis Montero, Waive Keith Benson
- Updated: October 18, 2016
The Miami Heat continued their series of roster changes Tuesday afternoon by signing guard Luis Montero and waiving center Keith Benson.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have signed G Luis Montero & waived Keith Benson.
Montero, 23, had played in 12 games with the Portland Trail Blazers last season before getting released a few days ago. The 6-foot-7 guard will most likely be waived by the Heat as well but could be assigned to Miami’s D-League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Benson, 28, was signed by the Heat last month and appeared in three preseason games, averaging 7.3 points and 3.3 rebounds. The big man showed potential last season with the Skyforce, playing in 49 games (23 starts) and averaging 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 1.57 blocks, while shooting 57.3 percent from the field.
Both players could be called back to the Heat later on in the season, similarly to how the Heat have brought back Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and Briante Weber in the past. The Heat have until Monday’s deadline to trim their roster to the regular season limit of 15 players.