- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Guard Luis Montero, Waive Keith Benson
- Updated: October 18, 2016
The Miami Heat continued their series of roster changes Tuesday afternoon by signing guard Luis Montero and waiving center Keith Benson.
OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have signed G Luis Montero & waived Keith Benson.
Montero, 23, had played in 12 games with the Portland Trail Blazers last season before getting released a few days ago. The 6-foot-7 guard will most likely be waived by the Heat as well but could be assigned to Miami’s D-League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Benson, 28, was signed by the Heat last month and appeared in three preseason games, averaging 7.3 points and 3.3 rebounds. The big man showed potential last season with the Skyforce, playing in 49 games (23 starts) and averaging 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 1.57 blocks, while shooting 57.3 percent from the field.
Both players could be called back to the Heat later on in the season, similarly to how the Heat have brought back Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and Briante Weber in the past. The Heat have until Monday’s deadline to trim their roster to the regular season limit of 15 players.