- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Derrick Walton Jr. to First-Ever Two-Way Contract
- Updated: July 24, 2017
Two-way G-League contracts were implemented this season and will allow teams to have up to 17 players on their roster with the previous amount being 15.
According to NBA.com:
“Under these contracts, which are similar to those used in Minor League Baseball, a player will be able to make an NBA salary on a pro-rata basis while with the parent club, while also being able to earn his G League salary when with the affiliate team.”
Walton Jr. appeared in four Summer League games for the Heat and averaged 10.0 points, 3.5 assists, and 2.5 rebounds per game, while shooting 46.9 percent from the field and 50 percent from three.
The former University of Michigan product averaged 15.5 points and 5.0 assists per game with the Wolverines.