- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Defensive Specialist Briante Weber
- Updated: September 3, 2015
Only one spot remains of the 20-player training camp limit as Weber will become the 19th player under contract with the Heat.
NBA teams are allowed to carry a maximum of 20 players up until the preseason, before being required to trim to a maximum of 15 players for the regular season.
The 6-foot-2 guard is a former Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year and was just 12 steals away from becoming the NCAA’s all-time steals leader in his senior season.
Weber, who set a school record with a vertical leap of 45 1/2 inches, attracted interest from more than half the teams in the NBA this summer.
The Heat open training camp on September 29, with their first preseason game coming against the visiting Charlotte Hornets.