- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
It seems as though the Miami Heat are set for opening night.
With the preseason officially over, the Heat have awarded guard Daryl Macon with a two-way contract.
Macon, 23, played in four preseason games with Miami, putting up a total of 13 points, two rebounds and two assists while shooting 41.7 percent from the field.
However, Macon left his initial imprint on the Heat during the 2018 Summer League. Appearing in seven games with the Heat, the University of Arkansas product posted averages of 7.9 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
Now, the the 6-foot-2 guard finds himself in a very special position with Miami. Macon and center Chris Silva were granted the Heat’s two two-way contracts.
Two-way contracts permit players to spend up to 45 days with an NBA team and the rest of the time with the team’s G Lague affiliate. In addition, the unique contract prevents players from being signed by another NBA team.
The new-look Heat open their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.