- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
It seems as though the Miami Heat are set for opening night.
With the preseason officially over, the Heat have awarded guard Daryl Macon with a two-way contract.
Macon, 23, played in four preseason games with Miami, putting up a total of 13 points, two rebounds and two assists while shooting 41.7 percent from the field.
However, Macon left his initial imprint on the Heat during the 2018 Summer League. Appearing in seven games with the Heat, the University of Arkansas product posted averages of 7.9 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
Now, the the 6-foot-2 guard finds himself in a very special position with Miami. Macon and center Chris Silva were granted the Heat’s two two-way contracts.
Two-way contracts permit players to spend up to 45 days with an NBA team and the rest of the time with the team’s G Lague affiliate. In addition, the unique contract prevents players from being signed by another NBA team.
The new-look Heat open their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.