- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 4 live stream: Watch NBA playoffs online and on TV
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
It seems as though the Miami Heat are set for opening night.
With the preseason officially over, the Heat have awarded guard Daryl Macon with a two-way contract.
Macon, 23, played in four preseason games with Miami, putting up a total of 13 points, two rebounds and two assists while shooting 41.7 percent from the field.
However, Macon left his initial imprint on the Heat during the 2018 Summer League. Appearing in seven games with the Heat, the University of Arkansas product posted averages of 7.9 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
Now, the the 6-foot-2 guard finds himself in a very special position with Miami. Macon and center Chris Silva were granted the Heat’s two two-way contracts.
Two-way contracts permit players to spend up to 45 days with an NBA team and the rest of the time with the team’s G Lague affiliate. In addition, the unique contract prevents players from being signed by another NBA team.
The new-look Heat open their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.