- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
It seems as though the Miami Heat are set for opening night.
With the preseason officially over, the Heat have awarded guard Daryl Macon with a two-way contract.
Macon, 23, played in four preseason games with Miami, putting up a total of 13 points, two rebounds and two assists while shooting 41.7 percent from the field.
However, Macon left his initial imprint on the Heat during the 2018 Summer League. Appearing in seven games with the Heat, the University of Arkansas product posted averages of 7.9 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
Now, the the 6-foot-2 guard finds himself in a very special position with Miami. Macon and center Chris Silva were granted the Heat’s two two-way contracts.
Two-way contracts permit players to spend up to 45 days with an NBA team and the rest of the time with the team’s G Lague affiliate. In addition, the unique contract prevents players from being signed by another NBA team.
The new-look Heat open their 2019-20 regular season on Wednesday against the Memphis Grizzlies.