- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts
- Updated: July 7, 2014
Free agent Danny Granger has agreed to a two-year, $4.2 million deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 7, 2014
Although a bit injury-ridden for the latter part of his career, Granger is just the sharpshooter that the Heat need after losing Mike Miller last year and Shane Battier (and possibly Ray Allen) this year. Throughout his career Granger has averaged 17.4 points while adding almost two threes a game.
In addition to sharpshooting Granger, Miami has also heard word from power forward Josh McRoberts who has verbally committed to Miami according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
ESPN learned that Josh McRoberts has verbally committed to sign with the Miami Heat
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 7, 2014
McRoberts will bring toughness and grit to a so-far depleted Miami team, much like that of a Chris “Birdman” Andersen.