- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Center Keith Benson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 23, 2016
The Miami Heat announced today they have signed center Keith Benson to a training camp deal, reaching the NBA preseason roster limit of 20 players.
Benson, 28, served on the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce last season. The 6’11” center played in 49 games with the Skyforce, putting up 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.57 blocks a game. Benson was even named a 2016 D-League All-Star.
Although it is a longshot for Benson to make the team, the No. 48 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft will get more exposure to the NBA atmosphere. Despite being in the league for five years, Benson has only played in three regular season games, all with the Golden State Warriors.
The news of the journeyman’s signing comes hours after the Heat released a heartbreaking statement saying that veteran Chris Bosh has not been cleared for the team’s training camp due to a failed physical.