- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Center Keith Benson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 23, 2016
The Miami Heat announced today they have signed center Keith Benson to a training camp deal, reaching the NBA preseason roster limit of 20 players.
Benson, 28, served on the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce last season. The 6’11” center played in 49 games with the Skyforce, putting up 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.57 blocks a game. Benson was even named a 2016 D-League All-Star.
Although it is a longshot for Benson to make the team, the No. 48 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft will get more exposure to the NBA atmosphere. Despite being in the league for five years, Benson has only played in three regular season games, all with the Golden State Warriors.
The news of the journeyman’s signing comes hours after the Heat released a heartbreaking statement saying that veteran Chris Bosh has not been cleared for the team’s training camp due to a failed physical.