- Justise Winslow Makes It Clear He Wants to Play Point Guard This Season
- Dwyane Wade Sends Jimmy Butler Hilarious Message for His 30th Birthday
- Report: BangBros Plans to Increase $10M Offer, Willing to Overpay to Make Miami Heat Arena Name Change Happen
- Dwyane Wade Says He’d Love to See Jamal Crawford Join Warriors
- Report: Jimmy Butler Showing Early Indications of Being Leader and Forming Bonds With Heat Teammates
- Dion Waiters Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After His Retirement Announcement
- Chris Bosh Pays Massive Compliment to Kobe Bryant and Manu Ginobili via Social Media
- Why Miami Heat Teammates Expect Bam Adebayo to Take Major Leap This Season
- How Extending Bam Adebayo Could Impact Miami Heat’s Ability to Sign Bradley Beal
- Report: BangBros to Submit $10M Bid for Naming Rights to Miami Heat Arena
Miami Heat News: Heat Nearing Deal to Send Tyler Johnson to Phoenix Suns
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Miami Heat have been looking for ways to get involved in the NBA trade market prior to the deadline, and it looks like they’re about to get their wish.
According to a Wednesday report, the Heat are nearing a deal to send Tyler Johnson to the Phoenix Suns.
Miami is nearing a deal to send guard Tyler Johnson to Phoenix, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2019
Johnson is a talented and likable player, currently averaging 10.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.
Johnson currently has another year left on his four-year, $50 million and is set to make over $19 million next season. Miami’s ability to part ways with Johnson will give it some much-needed breathing room to get involved in the loaded free agent class this offseason.
It will be hard to say goodbye to Johnson, who has had some fantastic moments in Miami, but this move would certainly be for the best for the future of the team.
The Heat have until Thursday afternoon to get the deal done.