- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat News: Heat Nearing Deal to Send Tyler Johnson to Phoenix Suns
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Miami Heat have been looking for ways to get involved in the NBA trade market prior to the deadline, and it looks like they’re about to get their wish.
According to a Wednesday report, the Heat are nearing a deal to send Tyler Johnson to the Phoenix Suns.
Miami is nearing a deal to send guard Tyler Johnson to Phoenix, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2019
Johnson is a talented and likable player, currently averaging 10.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.
Johnson currently has another year left on his four-year, $50 million and is set to make over $19 million next season. Miami’s ability to part ways with Johnson will give it some much-needed breathing room to get involved in the loaded free agent class this offseason.
It will be hard to say goodbye to Johnson, who has had some fantastic moments in Miami, but this move would certainly be for the best for the future of the team.
The Heat have until Thursday afternoon to get the deal done.