- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
Miami Heat News: Heat Nearing Deal to Send Tyler Johnson to Phoenix Suns
- Updated: February 6, 2019
The Miami Heat have been looking for ways to get involved in the NBA trade market prior to the deadline, and it looks like they’re about to get their wish.
According to a Wednesday report, the Heat are nearing a deal to send Tyler Johnson to the Phoenix Suns.
Miami is nearing a deal to send guard Tyler Johnson to Phoenix, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 6, 2019
Johnson is a talented and likable player, currently averaging 10.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.
Johnson currently has another year left on his four-year, $50 million and is set to make over $19 million next season. Miami’s ability to part ways with Johnson will give it some much-needed breathing room to get involved in the loaded free agent class this offseason.
It will be hard to say goodbye to Johnson, who has had some fantastic moments in Miami, but this move would certainly be for the best for the future of the team.
The Heat have until Thursday afternoon to get the deal done.