- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Hassan Whiteside Breaks Miami Heat Franchise Record in 1st Half vs. Spurs
- Updated: November 7, 2018
Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside established a new team record during the first half of Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs by swatting away eight shots in the opening 24 minutes of action.
— NBA (@NBA) November 8, 2018
Since joining the Heat in 2014, Whiteside has served a potent shot-blocker, leading the NBA during the 2015-16 season with a 3.7 average per game in that category. This season, he’s averaging a career-best 14.6 rebounds to go along with 2.8 blocks per game entering tonight’s contest against the Spurs
While Whiteside has shown that prowess during his time in a Heat uniform, he’s still a long way from the all-time career leader in blocks for the Heat. That distinction currently belongs to Hall of Famer Alonzo Mourning, who slapped away 1,625 during his 593 regular season games with Miami. Entering Wednesday’s action, Whiteside was at 669.