- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
Report: Hassan Whiteside Breaks Miami Heat Franchise Record in 1st Half vs. Spurs
- Updated: November 7, 2018
Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside established a new team record during the first half of Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs by swatting away eight shots in the opening 24 minutes of action.
— NBA (@NBA) November 8, 2018
Since joining the Heat in 2014, Whiteside has served a potent shot-blocker, leading the NBA during the 2015-16 season with a 3.7 average per game in that category. This season, he’s averaging a career-best 14.6 rebounds to go along with 2.8 blocks per game entering tonight’s contest against the Spurs
While Whiteside has shown that prowess during his time in a Heat uniform, he’s still a long way from the all-time career leader in blocks for the Heat. That distinction currently belongs to Hall of Famer Alonzo Mourning, who slapped away 1,625 during his 593 regular season games with Miami. Entering Wednesday’s action, Whiteside was at 669.