- LeBron Says He Was ‘Scared as S—‘ When He Returned to Cleveland After Joining Heat
- Gabrielle Union Reveals When She Finds Dwyane Wade at His ‘Sexiest’
- Chris Bosh: ‘Playing With LeBron Was Like Buying a Ferrari’
- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
Report: Hassan Whiteside Breaks Miami Heat Franchise Record in 1st Half vs. Spurs
- Updated: November 7, 2018
Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside established a new team record during the first half of Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs by swatting away eight shots in the opening 24 minutes of action.
— NBA (@NBA) November 8, 2018
Since joining the Heat in 2014, Whiteside has served a potent shot-blocker, leading the NBA during the 2015-16 season with a 3.7 average per game in that category. This season, he’s averaging a career-best 14.6 rebounds to go along with 2.8 blocks per game entering tonight’s contest against the Spurs
While Whiteside has shown that prowess during his time in a Heat uniform, he’s still a long way from the all-time career leader in blocks for the Heat. That distinction currently belongs to Hall of Famer Alonzo Mourning, who slapped away 1,625 during his 593 regular season games with Miami. Entering Wednesday’s action, Whiteside was at 669.