- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside No Longer Feeling Pain, at About 75 Percent
- Updated: October 10, 2015
Hassan Whiteside has been sidelined with a calf injury ever since training camp began more than two weeks ago.
In some positive news regarding his injury, Whiteside stated that he’s “at about 70-75 percent” via Jason Lieser of The Palm Beach Post:
Whiteside (strained R calf): “The pain went away. I’d say I’m about 70-75 percent. We’re getting there.”
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) October 10, 2015
The Miami Heat center once again missed Saturday’s practice due to the calf injury. He has yet to participate in a single practice or preseason game thus far.
It is unclear when Whiteside will return. In all likelihood, he’ll miss Monday’s preseason game versus the San Antonio Spurs. The 26-year-old indicated earlier this week that he would be back in time for the regular season opener on October 28th versus the Charlotte Hornets.
With Whiteside sidelined over the first couple of preseason contests, head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone with Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem in the first unit, with Amar’e Stoudemire and Josh McRoberts in the second unit.
We’ll keep you updated here at Heat Nation once Whiteside is cleared to return.