- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside No Longer Feeling Pain, at About 75 Percent
- Updated: October 10, 2015
Hassan Whiteside has been sidelined with a calf injury ever since training camp began more than two weeks ago.
In some positive news regarding his injury, Whiteside stated that he’s “at about 70-75 percent” via Jason Lieser of The Palm Beach Post:
Whiteside (strained R calf): “The pain went away. I’d say I’m about 70-75 percent. We’re getting there.”
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) October 10, 2015
The Miami Heat center once again missed Saturday’s practice due to the calf injury. He has yet to participate in a single practice or preseason game thus far.
It is unclear when Whiteside will return. In all likelihood, he’ll miss Monday’s preseason game versus the San Antonio Spurs. The 26-year-old indicated earlier this week that he would be back in time for the regular season opener on October 28th versus the Charlotte Hornets.
With Whiteside sidelined over the first couple of preseason contests, head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone with Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem in the first unit, with Amar’e Stoudemire and Josh McRoberts in the second unit.
We’ll keep you updated here at Heat Nation once Whiteside is cleared to return.