- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year award over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside No Longer Feeling Pain, at About 75 Percent
- Updated: October 10, 2015
Hassan Whiteside has been sidelined with a calf injury ever since training camp began more than two weeks ago.
In some positive news regarding his injury, Whiteside stated that he’s “at about 70-75 percent” via Jason Lieser of The Palm Beach Post:
Whiteside (strained R calf): “The pain went away. I’d say I’m about 70-75 percent. We’re getting there.”
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) October 10, 2015
The Miami Heat center once again missed Saturday’s practice due to the calf injury. He has yet to participate in a single practice or preseason game thus far.
It is unclear when Whiteside will return. In all likelihood, he’ll miss Monday’s preseason game versus the San Antonio Spurs. The 26-year-old indicated earlier this week that he would be back in time for the regular season opener on October 28th versus the Charlotte Hornets.
With Whiteside sidelined over the first couple of preseason contests, head coach Erik Spoelstra has gone with Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem in the first unit, with Amar’e Stoudemire and Josh McRoberts in the second unit.
We’ll keep you updated here at Heat Nation once Whiteside is cleared to return.