- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
Miami Heat News: Erik Spoelstra Wins NBCA Coach of the Year Award
- Updated: May 7, 2017
The efforts of Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra to try and get an injury-plagued Miami Heat squad into the playoffs, a pursuit that came up just short, were rewarded on Sunday morning when he was announced as the co-recipient of the inaugural Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year Award. The award is named after longtime executive director of the National Basketball Coaches Association, who passed away earlier this year.
Spoelstra shares the honor with Houston Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni:
National Basketball Coaches Association announces D'Antoni/Spo share first annual Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year award.
— Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) May 7, 2017
After seeing injuries plunge the team into a huge hole, Spoelstra helped lead the team to a 30-11 record during the second half of the season to finish at 41-41 for 2016-17 season. The team’s drive to the playoffs ended on the final night of the regular season, but could provide the momentum for a postseason berth next year.
The league’s 30 head coaches were the only voters for the NBCA award. A media panel voted separately for the NBA’s Coach of the Year award, which will be announced on June 26.