- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Miami Heat News: Erik Spoelstra Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month
- Updated: March 1, 2017
The Miami Heat have been on a tear as of late.
In fact, since they fell to 11-30 in mid-January, they’ve only lost a total of three games to put their record at 27-33. Now, as of March 1, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has been recognized by the NBA as the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month for February.
Spoelstra earned the award after orchestrating one of the greatest turnarounds for any team in NBA history. He even led the Heat on the longest win streak of any team this season by winning 13 games in a row. That marks the best such streak for a team under .500 in league history.
“It’s a culture award, it’s an organization award, that’s how we view it,” Spoelstra said. “If it happens it usually means there has to be some wins involved. As an organization we’ll take it.”
Spoelstra and his Heat will look to continue their winning ways Wednesday night when they face off against the Philadelphia 76ers at American Airlines Arena.