- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Will Opt Out of Contract and Enter Free Agency
- Updated: June 29, 2015
As reported by ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne, superstar Dwyane Wade will not exercise his $16.1 million option for the 2015-16 season and will instead become a free agent come July 1.
Dwyane Wade will not pick up his player option for next year & instead become a free agent, source tells ESPN
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) June 29, 2015
But it isn’t time to panic yet, as the move was widely expected by the Miami Heat organization and fans alike.
Wade and his agent will most likely use free agency as a bargaining chip for negotiations with Pat Riley and other Heat execs.
Wade has reportedly asked for a deal that would pay him $60 million over the course of three years, however it seems that both sides are still far apart on contract negotiations.
Regardless, Riley believes a deal can be reached with the three-time NBA champion.
“We respect him, we want him back, we want him here for the rest of his career — that’s obvious,” Riley said about Wade. “We’re gonna try to do everything we can do to make that happen.”