- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- The Insane Amount of Money Miami Heat Reward Erik Spoelstra After Every Single Win
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Will Opt Out of Contract and Enter Free Agency
- Updated: June 29, 2015
As reported by ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne, superstar Dwyane Wade will not exercise his $16.1 million option for the 2015-16 season and will instead become a free agent come July 1.
Dwyane Wade will not pick up his player option for next year & instead become a free agent, source tells ESPN
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) June 29, 2015
But it isn’t time to panic yet, as the move was widely expected by the Miami Heat organization and fans alike.
Wade and his agent will most likely use free agency as a bargaining chip for negotiations with Pat Riley and other Heat execs.
Wade has reportedly asked for a deal that would pay him $60 million over the course of three years, however it seems that both sides are still far apart on contract negotiations.
Regardless, Riley believes a deal can be reached with the three-time NBA champion.
“We respect him, we want him back, we want him here for the rest of his career — that’s obvious,” Riley said about Wade. “We’re gonna try to do everything we can do to make that happen.”