- Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Be 2020 Slam Dunk Contest Judge
- Pat Riley Relates Bam Adebayo to Alonzo Mourning and Dwayne Wade
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s Insane Pre-Draft Workout Including Him Cursing at Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Derrick Jones Jr. Requests to Guard NBA’s Best Players, Says He’s Better On-Ball Defender Than Jimmy Butler
- Report: NBA Superstar Currently Under Contract Will Request Trade to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Opens Up About Supporting His Transgender Child, Who’s Now Going by Zaya
- Video: Joel Embiid Receives Chorus of Boos After Being Introduced in Philadelphia
- D’Angelo Russell Fires Back at NBA Reporter After He Criticizes Timberwolves on National TV
- Andre Iguodala Explains Why Jimmy Butler Fits With Miami Heat and Not Other Teams
- Tyler Herro Dejectedly Responds to Not Being Able to Play in NBA Rising Stars Game
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Be 2020 Slam Dunk Contest Judge
- Updated: February 13, 2020
The Miami Heat will have one additional representative during the 2020 All-Star Weekend in Chicago.
Heat legend Dwyane Wade will be a judge for the 2020 Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday.
— 2020 NBA All-Star (@NBAAllStar) February 13, 2020
Wade, 38, retired from the NBA following the conclusion of the 2018-19 regular season.
While Wade will be judging the Slam Dunk Contest for the first time, his former teammate, Derrick Jones Jr., will be participating in the entertaining event once again.
The high-flying forward was a dunk contest member in 2017 but lost to Glenn Robinson III in the the final round.
Jones, 22, is one of the most electrifying dunkers in the league. However, the 6-foot-6 pro has shown he can do a lot more than just manufacture nice highlights at the rim.
Jones is averaging career-highs across the board this year. The youngster is putting up 8.7 points, 4.2 boards and 1.0 steals in 24.7 minutes per game this season.
Meanwhile, Wade has been staying busy off the court. The Heat’s all-time leading scorer has been traveling, making TV appearances and venturing into new business opportunities.