- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: February 1, 2016
The 34-year-old Wade was announced as the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from January 25th through the 31st. Wade led the Heat to a 4-0 record with averages of 24.0 points, 7.0 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 1.75 blocks.
Dwyane Wade and Kevin Durant win East and West players of the week
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) February 1, 2016
Wade’s points per game average ranked him third, while his assists average placed him fourth in the conference during the week.
The week included wins over the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks, as Miami regained sole possession of first place in the Southeast Division. Wade scored at least 10 points during the fourth quarter in three of the four wins last week.
It is the 19th time in Wade’s career that he has been given the weekly honors.