- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: February 1, 2016
The 34-year-old Wade was announced as the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from January 25th through the 31st. Wade led the Heat to a 4-0 record with averages of 24.0 points, 7.0 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 1.75 blocks.
Dwyane Wade and Kevin Durant win East and West players of the week
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) February 1, 2016
Wade’s points per game average ranked him third, while his assists average placed him fourth in the conference during the week.
The week included wins over the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks, as Miami regained sole possession of first place in the Southeast Division. Wade scored at least 10 points during the fourth quarter in three of the four wins last week.
It is the 19th time in Wade’s career that he has been given the weekly honors.