- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
- James Harden and Russell Westbrook Show Dion Waiters Love via Social Media
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade Expected to Miss 2015 All-Star Game
- Updated: February 10, 2015
Dwyane Wade will not play in this weekend’s NBA All-Star Game.
This means that Wade, who was set to make his 11th NBA All-Star appearance, will also miss Wednesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“I could play (tomorrow vs Cleveland) but it would not be the smart thing to do,” said Wade.
Although the Heat could desperately use Wade’s 21.4 points and 5.4 assists per game at the moment, Dwyane and the Heat are thinking long term, and that includes a post All-Star break playoff push.
“We have a run to make after the All Star break to solidify a playoff seed,” said Wade after practice on Tuesday.
As for Wade’s replacement in the 2015 All-Star game, the three-time NBA champion is hopeful that Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Knight is chosen, according to ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh.
Also note that Wade was a full participant in today’s practice and expects to travel with the team tomorrow night against the Cavs.