- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters to Miss Eighth Consecutive Game Against Nuggets
- Updated: April 2, 2017
With the Miami Heat now in a three-way tie with the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, it seems that things will not get any easier for the Heat.
That’s because according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Heat guard Dion Waiters will be missing his eighth consecutive game with a severe ankle sprain as his team gets ready to take on the Denver Nuggets on Sunday night at American Airlines Arena.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 1, 2017
The 25-year-old Waiters had made progress, but continues to spend a majority of his time in a walking boot.
“The swelling has come down considerably,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said. “But he’s still going through the process of more mobility and movement.”
The Syracuse University product is having a career year in his first season with the Heat, putting up averages of 15.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game.
Waiters is expected to return before the end of the regular season, however it may be too little, too late as the Heat are in for a tight finish.