- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters to Miss Eighth Consecutive Game Against Nuggets
- Updated: April 2, 2017
With the Miami Heat now in a three-way tie with the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, it seems that things will not get any easier for the Heat.
That’s because according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Heat guard Dion Waiters will be missing his eighth consecutive game with a severe ankle sprain as his team gets ready to take on the Denver Nuggets on Sunday night at American Airlines Arena.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 1, 2017
The 25-year-old Waiters had made progress, but continues to spend a majority of his time in a walking boot.
“The swelling has come down considerably,” Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said. “But he’s still going through the process of more mobility and movement.”
The Syracuse University product is having a career year in his first season with the Heat, putting up averages of 15.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game.
Waiters is expected to return before the end of the regular season, however it may be too little, too late as the Heat are in for a tight finish.