- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Miami Heat News: Dawkins Waived, Napier to Join Team in Portland
- Updated: January 6, 2015
After the Miami Heat announced earlier this afternoon that they have waived shooting guard Andre Dawkins, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that point guard Shabazz Napier will be rejoining the team as they face off against the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday night.
Napier is rejoining Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 6, 2015
Napier was recalled from the D-League after seeing averages of 18.6 points and four assists through three games.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the D-League assignment was essential for the development of Napier.
“Actually, better as he went along in every part of it in terms of his attitude, his leadership, his defense, his work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “On the off days, they’re going twice a day. It’s been a good experience to get minutes. These aren’t long stretches when he goes. Geographically, we make the best of it. He got something out of it.”
Napier joins a Heat squad that is desperately looking for some consistency at the point guard position.