- Tyler Herro Hooks Up Instagram Model Girlfriend on Her Birthday With Lavish Gift
- Zaire Wade Posts Emotional Tribute to Dwyane Wade to Celebrate Graduating High School
- Goran Dragic Makes His Stance on NBA Return Known: ‘We Want to Compete’
- Jae Crowder Backs Lou Williams as He Questions Return of NBA Season
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Death of Rayshard Brooks With Angry NSFW Message
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on Epic Game 3 Moment During 2006 NBA Finals
- Jae Crowder Fires Back at Doctor Who Says America Needs Sports Right Now
- Report: Bam Adebayo Among Stars Seeking Protection in Case of Serious Injury in Orlando Bubble
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Would Be Willing to Offer in a Deal for Paul Millsap
- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
Miami Heat News: Dawkins Waived, Napier to Join Team in Portland
- Updated: January 6, 2015
After the Miami Heat announced earlier this afternoon that they have waived shooting guard Andre Dawkins, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that point guard Shabazz Napier will be rejoining the team as they face off against the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday night.
Napier is rejoining Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 6, 2015
Napier was recalled from the D-League after seeing averages of 18.6 points and four assists through three games.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the D-League assignment was essential for the development of Napier.
“Actually, better as he went along in every part of it in terms of his attitude, his leadership, his defense, his work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “On the off days, they’re going twice a day. It’s been a good experience to get minutes. These aren’t long stretches when he goes. Geographically, we make the best of it. He got something out of it.”
Napier joins a Heat squad that is desperately looking for some consistency at the point guard position.