- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
Miami Heat News: Dawkins Waived, Napier to Join Team in Portland
- Updated: January 6, 2015
After the Miami Heat announced earlier this afternoon that they have waived shooting guard Andre Dawkins, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that point guard Shabazz Napier will be rejoining the team as they face off against the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday night.
Napier is rejoining Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 6, 2015
Napier was recalled from the D-League after seeing averages of 18.6 points and four assists through three games.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the D-League assignment was essential for the development of Napier.
“Actually, better as he went along in every part of it in terms of his attitude, his leadership, his defense, his work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “On the off days, they’re going twice a day. It’s been a good experience to get minutes. These aren’t long stretches when he goes. Geographically, we make the best of it. He got something out of it.”
Napier joins a Heat squad that is desperately looking for some consistency at the point guard position.