- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dawkins Waived, Napier to Join Team in Portland
- Updated: January 6, 2015
After the Miami Heat announced earlier this afternoon that they have waived shooting guard Andre Dawkins, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that point guard Shabazz Napier will be rejoining the team as they face off against the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday night.
Napier is rejoining Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 6, 2015
Napier was recalled from the D-League after seeing averages of 18.6 points and four assists through three games.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the D-League assignment was essential for the development of Napier.
“Actually, better as he went along in every part of it in terms of his attitude, his leadership, his defense, his work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “On the off days, they’re going twice a day. It’s been a good experience to get minutes. These aren’t long stretches when he goes. Geographically, we make the best of it. He got something out of it.”
Napier joins a Heat squad that is desperately looking for some consistency at the point guard position.