- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
- Duncan Robinson celebrates Tyler Herro’s triumphant return to being ‘killer’ for Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dawkins Waived, Napier to Join Team in Portland
- Updated: January 6, 2015
After the Miami Heat announced earlier this afternoon that they have waived shooting guard Andre Dawkins, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that point guard Shabazz Napier will be rejoining the team as they face off against the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday night.
Napier is rejoining Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 6, 2015
Napier was recalled from the D-League after seeing averages of 18.6 points and four assists through three games.
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said the D-League assignment was essential for the development of Napier.
“Actually, better as he went along in every part of it in terms of his attitude, his leadership, his defense, his work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “On the off days, they’re going twice a day. It’s been a good experience to get minutes. These aren’t long stretches when he goes. Geographically, we make the best of it. He got something out of it.”
Napier joins a Heat squad that is desperately looking for some consistency at the point guard position.