- Report: Jae Crowder Expected to Return Wednesday vs. Charlotte Hornets
- Bradley Beal Reveals Major Reason Why He Wouldn’t Want to Join Miami Heat
- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
Miami Heat News: Andre Dawkins Assigned to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 4, 2014
It would appear the Miami Heat are leaving one man behind for their upcoming five-game road trip.
It was announced early Thursday morning that rookie guard Andre Dawkins will be assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. Despite being sent to the Heat’s D-League affiliate, Dawkins will still count as one of the 15 players on Miami’s roster. It is common practice for a player to be temporarily sent to a team’s D-League affiliate when embarking on a prolonged road trip.
Heat assign Andre Dawkins to Sioux Falls of D-League, will continue to count toward Heat 15-player roster limit. http://t.co/v2f7Jm0z9V
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 4, 2014
The Heat will play in Milwaukee on Friday night versus the Bucks before culminating the road trip next Friday in Utah versus the Jazz.
Despite a lack of depth at the guard positions and the release of Shannon Brown last week, Dawkins has seen minimal playing time. The undrafted rookie hasn’t seen action in the past seven games, and he’s been inactive for the last three contests. The Duke product has played in just three games with three points and one rebound in 13 minutes of playing time this season.
Although he will be with the Skyforce, Dawkins remains property of the Heat, and cannot be claimed by any other NBA team.