- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Andre Dawkins Assigned to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 4, 2014
It would appear the Miami Heat are leaving one man behind for their upcoming five-game road trip.
It was announced early Thursday morning that rookie guard Andre Dawkins will be assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. Despite being sent to the Heat’s D-League affiliate, Dawkins will still count as one of the 15 players on Miami’s roster. It is common practice for a player to be temporarily sent to a team’s D-League affiliate when embarking on a prolonged road trip.
Heat assign Andre Dawkins to Sioux Falls of D-League, will continue to count toward Heat 15-player roster limit. http://t.co/v2f7Jm0z9V
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 4, 2014
The Heat will play in Milwaukee on Friday night versus the Bucks before culminating the road trip next Friday in Utah versus the Jazz.
Despite a lack of depth at the guard positions and the release of Shannon Brown last week, Dawkins has seen minimal playing time. The undrafted rookie hasn’t seen action in the past seven games, and he’s been inactive for the last three contests. The Duke product has played in just three games with three points and one rebound in 13 minutes of playing time this season.
Although he will be with the Skyforce, Dawkins remains property of the Heat, and cannot be claimed by any other NBA team.
Dawkins will join four former teammates in Sioux Falls who were with the Heat in training camp: center Khem Birch, forward Shawn Jones and guards Tyler Johnson and Larry Drew.