- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
- Miami Heat Superstar Jimmy Butler’s Immediate Reaction to Going Up 2-0 on Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal’s Fiancée Favors Him to Miami Heat After All-NBA Snub
- Report: Boston Celtics Guard Doubtful to Return After Suffering Injury in Game 2
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 2 Live Stream: Watch NBA Playoffs Online and on TV
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Files 3 Trademarks for His Big Face Coffee Business
- Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Rivals Were ‘Chuckling’ and Had ‘Genuine Concern’ for Miami Heat During 2017-18 Season
Miami Heat News: Andre Dawkins Assigned to Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 4, 2014
It would appear the Miami Heat are leaving one man behind for their upcoming five-game road trip.
It was announced early Thursday morning that rookie guard Andre Dawkins will be assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. Despite being sent to the Heat’s D-League affiliate, Dawkins will still count as one of the 15 players on Miami’s roster. It is common practice for a player to be temporarily sent to a team’s D-League affiliate when embarking on a prolonged road trip.
Heat assign Andre Dawkins to Sioux Falls of D-League, will continue to count toward Heat 15-player roster limit. http://t.co/v2f7Jm0z9V
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 4, 2014
The Heat will play in Milwaukee on Friday night versus the Bucks before culminating the road trip next Friday in Utah versus the Jazz.
Despite a lack of depth at the guard positions and the release of Shannon Brown last week, Dawkins has seen minimal playing time. The undrafted rookie hasn’t seen action in the past seven games, and he’s been inactive for the last three contests. The Duke product has played in just three games with three points and one rebound in 13 minutes of playing time this season.
Although he will be with the Skyforce, Dawkins remains property of the Heat, and cannot be claimed by any other NBA team.
Dawkins will join four former teammates in Sioux Falls who were with the Heat in training camp: center Khem Birch, forward Shawn Jones and guards Tyler Johnson and Larry Drew.