- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Amar’e Stoudemire Inactive for Heat Season Opener vs. Hornets
- Updated: October 28, 2015
Head coach Erik Spoelstra says that he’s taking it easy with the veteran big man and that Stoudemire’s absence is officially being listed as “rehabilitative recovery.”
“He’s getting stronger. He’s doing more,” Spoelstra told the media. “This is just part of the plan, part of the program. We just have to keep him moving forward, getting stronger, working on his conditioning and that will be the focus.”
Earlier this month, Spoelstra also claimed that he may rest Stoudemire in back-to-backs to ease the pressure on his surgically-repaired knees.
It seems they’d like the former All-Star to feel as healthy as possible before he logs any quality minutes.