- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow to Miss at Least 2 More Weeks Due to Back Injury
- Updated: January 17, 2020
In the team’s latest injury update, Heat head coach Erik Spolestra announced that Winslow will be out for two more weeks due to his back injury.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) January 17, 2020
Winslow, 23, has played in just 11 games this season. The swingman is averaging 11.3 points, 6.6 boards and 4.0 assists for the 2019-20 campaign.
With Heat legend Dwyane Wade retiring following the conclusion of last season, Winslow was supposed to be one of the major leaders and producers this season.
Yet, with the 6-foot-6 small forward missing 18 of the team’s last 19 contests, the Heat are in second place in the Eastern Conference with a record of 28-12.
Much of their success can be accredited to newcomer Jimmy Butler, who is putting up 20.5 points, 6.9 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.9 steals per game this year.
Hopefully, the two-week period will offer Winslow the rest and rehab he needs to finish the season out strong.
The Heat take on the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday night.