- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 5, 2020
The four-time All-Star will miss the game with a back injury.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 5, 2020
So far this season, Butler has acted as the engine behind Miami’s success. He’s averaging 20.4 points, 6.9 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game.
Despite their strong start to the season, the Heat have dropped two of their last three games. They need to get back on track if they want to stay near the top of the Eastern Conference.
Recently, Butler criticized his team’s lack of dedication to the defensive end. He will surely be missed in Sunday’s matchup as one of the best two-way stars in the NBA.
Hopefully, Derrick Jones Jr., who will be starting in his place, will be able to carry the load that Butler usually bears.