- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 5, 2020
The four-time All-Star will miss the game with a back injury.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 5, 2020
So far this season, Butler has acted as the engine behind Miami’s success. He’s averaging 20.4 points, 6.9 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game.
Despite their strong start to the season, the Heat have dropped two of their last three games. They need to get back on track if they want to stay near the top of the Eastern Conference.
Recently, Butler criticized his team’s lack of dedication to the defensive end. He will surely be missed in Sunday’s matchup as one of the best two-way stars in the NBA.
Hopefully, Derrick Jones Jr., who will be starting in his place, will be able to carry the load that Butler usually bears.