- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
- Report: Jimmy Butler Says Bam Adebayo ‘Best Teammate’ He’s Ever Had
- Report: Miami Heat Privately Described Bam Adebayo as ‘Anti-Hassan’ on Draft Night
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: January 5, 2020
The four-time All-Star will miss the game with a back injury.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 5, 2020
So far this season, Butler has acted as the engine behind Miami’s success. He’s averaging 20.4 points, 6.9 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game.
Despite their strong start to the season, the Heat have dropped two of their last three games. They need to get back on track if they want to stay near the top of the Eastern Conference.
Recently, Butler criticized his team’s lack of dedication to the defensive end. He will surely be missed in Sunday’s matchup as one of the best two-way stars in the NBA.
Hopefully, Derrick Jones Jr., who will be starting in his place, will be able to carry the load that Butler usually bears.