- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
Miami Heat: Heat Sign Michael Beasley to Second 10-Day Contract
- Updated: March 8, 2015
The Heat announced on Sunday that they will be signing Beasley to a second 10-day contract. His first 10-day contract came to an official end on Sunday.
The seven-year NBA veteran has immediately become a key player in the rotation despite having been signed on February 26. He made his season debut just a day after signing, posting seven points and two rebounds in 10 minutes of action in a 104-102 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans.
Overall, he has appeared in six games while posting averages of 10.5 points, 4.2 rebounds and 23.6 minutes. His best two performances have been in his last two appearances. In a 99-97 loss to the Washington Wizards, Beasley had 13 points and three rebounds in 22 minutes of playing time. More recently, the small forward had a season-high 18 points and seven rebounds in 38 minutes in a 114-109 overtime win over the Sacramento Kings.
Due to Beasley’s previous tenures with the franchise—he was drafted with the No. 2 overall pick by Miami in 2008 and spent the 2013-14 season with the Heat—he is quickly becoming one of the team’s top go-to options in the offense.
At the culmination of this current 10-day contract deal, the Heat will be forced to either sign Beasley for the remainder of the season, or allow him to walk through free agency.