- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Miami Heat News: Heat to Meet With Duke’s Cam Reddish on Friday
- Updated: May 16, 2019
The Heat have the 13th pick in the draft and are making the rounds meeting with prospects.
Duke wing Cam Reddish said he's scheduled to meet with the Heat tomorrow.
— David Wilson (@DBWilson2) May 16, 2019
Reddish was a five-star recruit and a consensus top prospect coming out of high school. However, he struggled a little bit in his freshman year at Duke.
In 36 games, Reddish averaged 13.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game. He shot just 35.6 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from beyond the arc.
Despite those struggles, Reddish is projected by most as a lottery pick. In all likelihood, he’ll be off the board by the time the Heat make their selection at the back of the lottery.
The Ringer currently predicts Reddish to be selected eighth overall. That said, a lot of things will change in the next month.
Reddish is a tremendous athlete and has enormous scoring upside despite his inefficient college career. He’s certainly a raw prospect, but if he fell to 13th overall, Miami would likely be ecstatic to draft him.
The 2019 NBA Draft takes place on Thursday, June 20.