- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
Miami Heat News: Heat to Meet With Duke’s Cam Reddish on Friday
- Updated: May 16, 2019
The Heat have the 13th pick in the draft and are making the rounds meeting with prospects.
Duke wing Cam Reddish said he's scheduled to meet with the Heat tomorrow.
— David Wilson (@DBWilson2) May 16, 2019
Reddish was a five-star recruit and a consensus top prospect coming out of high school. However, he struggled a little bit in his freshman year at Duke.
In 36 games, Reddish averaged 13.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game. He shot just 35.6 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from beyond the arc.
Despite those struggles, Reddish is projected by most as a lottery pick. In all likelihood, he’ll be off the board by the time the Heat make their selection at the back of the lottery.
The Ringer currently predicts Reddish to be selected eighth overall. That said, a lot of things will change in the next month.
Reddish is a tremendous athlete and has enormous scoring upside despite his inefficient college career. He’s certainly a raw prospect, but if he fell to 13th overall, Miami would likely be ecstatic to draft him.
The 2019 NBA Draft takes place on Thursday, June 20.