- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: Former Miami Heat Guard Invited to Participate in Team USA Basketball Trials
- Updated: April 30, 2019
Former Miami Heat guard Briante Weber has a chance to play in the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Briante has been invited to participate in the USA Basketball trials for 3-on-3 basketball. 3-on-3 basketball will be making its Olympic debut in 2020.
The 3×3 National Championships are this week in Las Vegas. USA Basketball will use the event as an opportunity to select a team that may compete in 2019 at the Pan American Games and the World Cup.
With traditional basketball still an event, no NBA players are in the pool for the 3×3 national team.
Weber played in the NBA for three seasons and bounced around between five clubs. He only appeared in one game for the Heat, during his rookie campaign in 2015-16.
The Virginia Commonwealth University product was in training camp for the Heat this year, but did not make the team’s roster. He spent the year with Miami’s G League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce.
In 33 games with Sioux Falls, Weber averaged 15.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 2.9 steals per game.
In February he joined Olympiacos B.C. in the Euroleague, but was cut in April.