- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Questionable for Game 5 vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: April 23, 2018
The Miami Heat enter their Game 5 playoff road matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night facing tall odds to make a comeback from a 3-1 deficit. Accomplishing that feat may be even tougher after the Heat’s Josh Richardson missed Monday’s practice due to a shoulder sprain and is ruled questionable to play in the game.
Josh Richardson (left shoulder sprain) did not practice today and is questionable for Game 5.
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) April 23, 2018
Richardson injured his left shoulder during Saturday afternoon’s loss to the Sixers after a second-quarter collision connected to a loose ball scramble with Sixers center Joel Embiid. In the aftermath of the injury, a scuffle on the other end of the court between Miami’s James Johnson and Philadelphia’s Robert Covington broke out, with each player being assessed a technical foul.
In Saturday’s game, Richardson played 35 minutes in the contest, scoring 10 points, collecting seven steals, handing out seven assists and grabbing five rebounds. Losing those numbers for a crucial matchup would deliver another blow to the Heat and perhaps bring an end to their season.
There’s currently no indication when a decision will be made on Richardson’s status, though after the Tuesday morning shootaround or during pregame warmups are the most likely times.