- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Questionable for Game 5 vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: April 23, 2018
The Miami Heat enter their Game 5 playoff road matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night facing tall odds to make a comeback from a 3-1 deficit. Accomplishing that feat may be even tougher after the Heat’s Josh Richardson missed Monday’s practice due to a shoulder sprain and is ruled questionable to play in the game.
Josh Richardson (left shoulder sprain) did not practice today and is questionable for Game 5.
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) April 23, 2018
Richardson injured his left shoulder during Saturday afternoon’s loss to the Sixers after a second-quarter collision connected to a loose ball scramble with Sixers center Joel Embiid. In the aftermath of the injury, a scuffle on the other end of the court between Miami’s James Johnson and Philadelphia’s Robert Covington broke out, with each player being assessed a technical foul.
In Saturday’s game, Richardson played 35 minutes in the contest, scoring 10 points, collecting seven steals, handing out seven assists and grabbing five rebounds. Losing those numbers for a crucial matchup would deliver another blow to the Heat and perhaps bring an end to their season.
There’s currently no indication when a decision will be made on Richardson’s status, though after the Tuesday morning shootaround or during pregame warmups are the most likely times.