- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: December 9, 2019
After a week in which he led the Miami Heat to a 3-1 record while also recording two triple-doubles, Jimmy Butler was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for week seven of the 2019-20 NBA season.
NBA Players of the Week for Week 7!
— NBA (@NBA) December 9, 2019
Throughout the week Butler, averaged 27.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 1.3 steals per game. In the four games they played during the week, the Heat defeated the Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors, while losing to the Boston Celtics.
It is the fifth time in his career that Butler has been named Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
This is the 58th time that a Heat player has won the honor. The last Heat player to win the award was Goran Dragic, back in January of 2018 when he averaged 23.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists from Jan. 8 to Jan. 14.
So far this season, his first with the Heat, Butler is averaging 20.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.2 steals per game. As of Monday, the Heat are 17-6 and sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, just three games back of the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Heat’s next game is Tuesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.