- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: December 9, 2019
After a week in which he led the Miami Heat to a 3-1 record while also recording two triple-doubles, Jimmy Butler was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for week seven of the 2019-20 NBA season.
NBA Players of the Week for Week 7!
— NBA (@NBA) December 9, 2019
Throughout the week Butler, averaged 27.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 1.3 steals per game. In the four games they played during the week, the Heat defeated the Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors, while losing to the Boston Celtics.
It is the fifth time in his career that Butler has been named Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
This is the 58th time that a Heat player has won the honor. The last Heat player to win the award was Goran Dragic, back in January of 2018 when he averaged 23.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists from Jan. 8 to Jan. 14.
So far this season, his first with the Heat, Butler is averaging 20.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.2 steals per game. As of Monday, the Heat are 17-6 and sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, just three games back of the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Heat’s next game is Tuesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.