- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
- Video: Dwyane Wade Claps Back at Haters Saying He Rigged the Dunk Contest
- LeBron James Reacts to Aaron Gordon Getting Robbed in 2020 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: December 9, 2019
After a week in which he led the Miami Heat to a 3-1 record while also recording two triple-doubles, Jimmy Butler was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for week seven of the 2019-20 NBA season.
NBA Players of the Week for Week 7!
— NBA (@NBA) December 9, 2019
Throughout the week Butler, averaged 27.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 1.3 steals per game. In the four games they played during the week, the Heat defeated the Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors, while losing to the Boston Celtics.
It is the fifth time in his career that Butler has been named Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
This is the 58th time that a Heat player has won the honor. The last Heat player to win the award was Goran Dragic, back in January of 2018 when he averaged 23.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists from Jan. 8 to Jan. 14.
So far this season, his first with the Heat, Butler is averaging 20.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.2 steals per game. As of Monday, the Heat are 17-6 and sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, just three games back of the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Heat’s next game is Tuesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.