- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: December 9, 2019
After a week in which he led the Miami Heat to a 3-1 record while also recording two triple-doubles, Jimmy Butler was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for week seven of the 2019-20 NBA season.
NBA Players of the Week for Week 7!
— NBA (@NBA) December 9, 2019
Throughout the week Butler, averaged 27.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 1.3 steals per game. In the four games they played during the week, the Heat defeated the Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors, while losing to the Boston Celtics.
It is the fifth time in his career that Butler has been named Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
This is the 58th time that a Heat player has won the honor. The last Heat player to win the award was Goran Dragic, back in January of 2018 when he averaged 23.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists from Jan. 8 to Jan. 14.
So far this season, his first with the Heat, Butler is averaging 20.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.2 steals per game. As of Monday, the Heat are 17-6 and sit in third place in the Eastern Conference, just three games back of the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Heat’s next game is Tuesday at home against the Atlanta Hawks. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST.