- Goran Dragic Explains How Heat’s Confrontational Culture Allows Jimmy Butler to Thrive
- Video: Charles Barkley Destroys Miami Heat and Jimmy Butler on National TV
- Video: Jimmy Butler’s Savage Response When Asked About His Relationship With Chris Paul
- Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Leaves Game on Stretcher After Going Down With Hard Injury
- Jimmy Butler Fully Expects Miami Heat to Get Another Big-Name Player: ‘It’s Gonna Happen’
- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
Hassan Whiteside Looking to Add Improved Free Throw Shooting to Skill Set
- Updated: May 18, 2015
As the NBA Playoffs have seen teams exploit the poor free throw shooting of big men, specifically Los Angeles Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan and Houston Rockets’ Dwight Howard, center Hassan Whiteside vows to not provide the same type of hindrance to the Miami Heat next season.
“I really work on free throws a lot more,” said Whiteside when asked what his point of emphasis was this offseason.
Although Whiteside shot an astounding 62.8 percent from the field (fifth best in the league) this past season, his free throw shooting was inexplicably worse at just 50% — 11th worst among players who appeared in at least half their teams’ games.
Whiteside continues to grow and develop as a budding, young center as he finished fourth in Most Improved Player of the Year voting behind Rudy Gobert, Draymond Green, and Jimmy Butler.
“I knew it was going to be tough for me to win that award because I didn’t play that many games,” said Whiteside.
Regardless, Whiteside maintains a positive outlook on the game as he stated, “But I won the Most Improved Life award, just coming from where I came from.”