- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Says Miami Heat Are ‘Definitely Concerned’ About Josh Richardson’s Latest Injury
- Updated: April 4, 2019
The Miami Heat’s season took a sharp turn for the worse on Wednesday night.
Not only did the Heat lose to the Boston Celtics and fall out of the playoff bracket, but they lost rising star Josh Richardson to a left leg injury. While no details are out yet, veteran Dwyane Wade said he is worried about the youngster.
“I was obviously concerned when he left the game,” Wade said. “At first you just thought maybe he got hit the wrong way. But the way he left the game, you knew it wasn’t. So we’re definitely concerned about him. This time of the year is a bad time for injuries, but hopefully he’s fine.”
Richardson, 25, left the contest with eight minutes remaining in the third quarter and didn’t return after falling awkwardly while trying to block a Kyrie Irving layup. The guard finished the game with just seven points in 16 minutes.
Although Richardson had an uninspiring performance on Wednesday, the four-year pro has been one of Miami’s shining lights this year. Richardson, the team’s leading scorer, has been putting up a career-high 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game this season.
With Richardson being a focal part of the team’s offense and the Heat in jeopardy of missing the postseason, it’s understandable why Wade is worried about the severity of the guard’s injury.
The Heat continue their quest for playoff spot Friday against the Minnesota Timberwolves.