- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Updated: January 6, 2020
Derrick Jones Jr will participate in the Slam Dunk Contest at All Star Weekend.
— Greg Leif Sylvander (@GregSylvander) January 6, 2020
Jones is one of the league’s most exciting in-game dunkers. His career highlight reel consists of several high-flying exploits at the rim which have become a staple since he joined the Heat during the 2017-18 season.
He was a dunk contest participant in 2017 but lost to Glenn Robinson III in the final round. In 2019, Jones was reportedly going to participate in the contest but had to withdraw due to a knee injury.
This could be the year when Jones finally wins the event, but he will undoubtedly face stiff competition from the other participants.
Harold Miner (1995) was the first and last Heat player to win the Slam Dunk Contest.
The NBA All-Star Weekend will be held at United Center in Chicago from Feb. 14-16.