- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Updated: January 6, 2020
Derrick Jones Jr will participate in the Slam Dunk Contest at All Star Weekend.
— Greg Leif Sylvander (@GregSylvander) January 6, 2020
Jones is one of the league’s most exciting in-game dunkers. His career highlight reel consists of several high-flying exploits at the rim which have become a staple since he joined the Heat during the 2017-18 season.
He was a dunk contest participant in 2017 but lost to Glenn Robinson III in the final round. In 2019, Jones was reportedly going to participate in the contest but had to withdraw due to a knee injury.
This could be the year when Jones finally wins the event, but he will undoubtedly face stiff competition from the other participants.
Harold Miner (1995) was the first and last Heat player to win the Slam Dunk Contest.
The NBA All-Star Weekend will be held at United Center in Chicago from Feb. 14-16.