- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Updated: January 6, 2020
Derrick Jones Jr will participate in the Slam Dunk Contest at All Star Weekend.
— Greg Leif Sylvander (@GregSylvander) January 6, 2020
Jones is one of the league’s most exciting in-game dunkers. His career highlight reel consists of several high-flying exploits at the rim which have become a staple since he joined the Heat during the 2017-18 season.
He was a dunk contest participant in 2017 but lost to Glenn Robinson III in the final round. In 2019, Jones was reportedly going to participate in the contest but had to withdraw due to a knee injury.
This could be the year when Jones finally wins the event, but he will undoubtedly face stiff competition from the other participants.
Harold Miner (1995) was the first and last Heat player to win the Slam Dunk Contest.
The NBA All-Star Weekend will be held at United Center in Chicago from Feb. 14-16.