- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Miss Significant Time After Knee Surgery
- Updated: December 19, 2018
If the Miami Heat weren’t dealing with enough injury problems, things just got much worse.
Starting point guard Goran Dragic is undergoing surgery on his knee, and the timetable for his return is not certain yet, though certain sources indicate that the point guard could miss up to two months of action.
Goran Dragic is undergoing a knee scope today. No timetable on a return.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 19, 2018
Miami’s Goran Dragic will miss two months with knee surgery, per source.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 19, 2018
Dragic, 32, has been in and out of the lineup for most of the season due to knee problems. In fact, the guard has been sitting on the bench for the majority of the playing year. On the season, the All-Star is averaging 15.3 points, 4.9 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.
The only true point guard on the roster, Dragic leads the Heat in assists and is second in points behind Josh Richardson.
The Heat will need their best out of guards Richardson, Tyler Johnson and Dwyane Wade, who is on the edge of retirement. On the bright side, while Dragic is out, Dion Waiters is supposed to return soon.
The Heat take on the streaking Houston Rockets on Thursday night.