- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Miss Significant Time After Knee Surgery
- Updated: December 19, 2018
If the Miami Heat weren’t dealing with enough injury problems, things just got much worse.
Starting point guard Goran Dragic is undergoing surgery on his knee, and the timetable for his return is not certain yet, though certain sources indicate that the point guard could miss up to two months of action.
Goran Dragic is undergoing a knee scope today. No timetable on a return.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 19, 2018
Miami’s Goran Dragic will miss two months with knee surgery, per source.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 19, 2018
Dragic, 32, has been in and out of the lineup for most of the season due to knee problems. In fact, the guard has been sitting on the bench for the majority of the playing year. On the season, the All-Star is averaging 15.3 points, 4.9 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.
The only true point guard on the roster, Dragic leads the Heat in assists and is second in points behind Josh Richardson.
The Heat will need their best out of guards Richardson, Tyler Johnson and Dwyane Wade, who is on the edge of retirement. On the bright side, while Dragic is out, Dion Waiters is supposed to return soon.
The Heat take on the streaking Houston Rockets on Thursday night.