- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder Acquired 2 1st-Round Picks From Miami Heat in Kawhi Leonard Deal
- Updated: July 6, 2019
Oklahoma City Thunder forward Paul George is going to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Galllinari and a record-setting number of draft picks. Among those picks heading to Oklahoma City are two first-rounders from the Miami Heat.
OKC acquired THREE unprotected first-round picks from the Clippers in this trade (2022, 2024 and 2026), league sources say, PLUS two firsts from Miami (2021 unprotected and 2023 protected 1-to-14) … AND the right to swap picks with the Clips in 2023 and 2025. Staggering
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) July 6, 2019
The unprotected first-round pick the Clippers are sending to the Thunder is the Heat’s 2021 first-rounder. Miami sent the pick to the Phoenix Suns in the Goran Dragic trade in 2015.
In addition, the protected 2023 first-rounder was sent by the Heat to the Clippers to facilitate the four-team blockbuster trade that brought Jimmy Butler to Miami.
George will be playing for the Clippers next season in a surprising turn of events as the Thunder were reportedly forced to trade him. Kawhi Leonard’s decision to play for the Clippers has rocked, not just the Thunder, but the Toronto Raptors and Los Angeles Lakers as well.
The Heat indirectly participated in the biggest free agent signing of 2019 without knowing it. That’s because Leonard’s decision to go to the Clippers hinged largely upon the franchise acquiring George from Oklahoma City.