- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder Acquired 2 1st-Round Picks From Miami Heat in Kawhi Leonard Deal
- Updated: July 6, 2019
Oklahoma City Thunder forward Paul George is going to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Galllinari and a record-setting number of draft picks. Among those picks heading to Oklahoma City are two first-rounders from the Miami Heat.
OKC acquired THREE unprotected first-round picks from the Clippers in this trade (2022, 2024 and 2026), league sources say, PLUS two firsts from Miami (2021 unprotected and 2023 protected 1-to-14) … AND the right to swap picks with the Clips in 2023 and 2025. Staggering
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) July 6, 2019
The unprotected first-round pick the Clippers are sending to the Thunder is the Heat’s 2021 first-rounder. Miami sent the pick to the Phoenix Suns in the Goran Dragic trade in 2015.
In addition, the protected 2023 first-rounder was sent by the Heat to the Clippers to facilitate the four-team blockbuster trade that brought Jimmy Butler to Miami.
George will be playing for the Clippers next season in a surprising turn of events as the Thunder were reportedly forced to trade him. Kawhi Leonard’s decision to play for the Clippers has rocked, not just the Thunder, but the Toronto Raptors and Los Angeles Lakers as well.
The Heat indirectly participated in the biggest free agent signing of 2019 without knowing it. That’s because Leonard’s decision to go to the Clippers hinged largely upon the franchise acquiring George from Oklahoma City.