- Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Defensive Metrics Proving Bam Adebayo Superior to Hassan Whiteside
- Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Tyler Herro Says He Models Game After Devin Booker’s: ‘All I Watch Is Devin’
- Dwyane Wade Calls Out Haters Who Said LeBron James Was Washed Up
- Jimmy Butler Encourages Kendrick Nunn Following 2nd Straight Poor Shooting Night
- Erik Spoelstra Discusses How Miami Heat’s ‘Unmerciful’ Drills Have Impacted Duncan Robinson
- Jimmy Butler Challenges Lance Stephenson to 1-on-1 Amidst Trash Talk
- Report: Justise Winslow and Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Be Active Tonight vs. Nuggets
- Zaire Wade Shouts Out Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Udonis Haslem After Heat’s Hot Start
Report: Miami Heat Secure Meeting With Forward Kevin Durant
- Updated: June 25, 2016
The first step into luring superstar Kevin Durant to the Miami Heat is in place.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the free agent will host meetings starting July 1 and the Heat are on his list:
“Durant’s representatives at Roc nation are working to solidify invitations with the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs and (Oklahoma City) Thunder,” league sources said.
It’s clear the nine-year veteran has one thing in mind when choosing his next team: winning titles. Which means Durant likely will not be giving other teams a chance.
“Several teams that have interest in Durant — the Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards — could still find audiences with him, but appear to be outsiders in the process now.” Wojnarowski added
Despite the multitude of teams gauging interest in Durant, Heat fans have to be happy with their chances. Even though the Warriors, Spurs and Thunder pose better records, none of those teams will have Pat Riley talking to Durant come July 1.
All Riley needs is a meeting. He convinced LeBron James and Chris Bosh to come to the Heat back in 2010 and lured Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Joe Johnson and Luol Deng, to a name a few over the years. Getting in the room with Durant will set the foundation for a possible change. The countdown starts July 1.