- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Updated: October 29, 2020
The Miami Heat reportedly have an interview scheduled with Duke University guard Tre Jones.
The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson believes that Jones is an option for the Heat with the 20th pick in the first round of the 2020 NBA Draft.
“The Heat, which picks 20th, already has interviewed one of those two players — San Diego State’s Malachi Flynn — and also has arranged an interview with the other, Duke’s Tre Jones, according to a source,” Jackson wrote.
Miami, who found guard Tyler Herro in the middle of the first round last year, is looking to hit on yet another draft pick this year.
Jones, who played two seasons at Duke, is another prospect from a blue-chip program that could make an immediate impact.
Last season, Jones averaged 16.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game for the Blue Devils.
He took a big step in his sophomore season, partly because he was no longer playing in the shadow of R.J. Barrett, Zion Williamson and Cam Reddish.
Most importantly, Jones’ 3-point percentage jumped from 26.2 percent as a freshman to 36.1 percent in his sophomore campaign.
It will be interesting to see if Miami sees Jones as a potential fit on its roster next season.