- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Updated: October 29, 2020
The Miami Heat reportedly have an interview scheduled with Duke University guard Tre Jones.
The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson believes that Jones is an option for the Heat with the 20th pick in the first round of the 2020 NBA Draft.
“The Heat, which picks 20th, already has interviewed one of those two players — San Diego State’s Malachi Flynn — and also has arranged an interview with the other, Duke’s Tre Jones, according to a source,” Jackson wrote.
Miami, who found guard Tyler Herro in the middle of the first round last year, is looking to hit on yet another draft pick this year.
Jones, who played two seasons at Duke, is another prospect from a blue-chip program that could make an immediate impact.
Last season, Jones averaged 16.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game for the Blue Devils.
He took a big step in his sophomore season, partly because he was no longer playing in the shadow of R.J. Barrett, Zion Williamson and Cam Reddish.
Most importantly, Jones’ 3-point percentage jumped from 26.2 percent as a freshman to 36.1 percent in his sophomore campaign.
It will be interesting to see if Miami sees Jones as a potential fit on its roster next season.