- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Updated: October 19, 2020
“According to a source, the Heat requested a Zoom session with Maryland 6-10 forward Jalen Smith, a versatile big who can block shots and hit threes,” wrote Jackson.
Smith is coming off a fantastic sophomore season at the University of Maryland, where he averaged 15.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game while shooting 53.8 percent from the field and 36.8 percent from three.
The 20-year-old’s skillset would fit in perfectly in Miami. Smith is a mobile big that is able to protect the paint and also shoot from three. Those two skills would be very useful for the Heat.
Last season, the Heat lacked another solid rim protector besides center Bam Adebayo. If the Heat were to select Smith, and bring him off the bench, he could be a great backup for Adebayo.
If the Heat were to select Smith, and start him, he and Adebayo could then potentially create a very scary pairing in the frontcourt.
The Heat currently hold the 20th overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, which is scheduled to be held on Nov. 18.