- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Report: Miami Heat Were ‘Making a Push’ for DeMar DeRozan During Trade Deadline
- Updated: March 14, 2020
The Miami Heat managed to improve their roster prior to the NBA’s trade deadline, but they apparently were not able to acquire every player they coveted.
According to a Jabari Young of CNBC Sports Business, the Heat tried to trade for San Antonio Spurs star DeMar DeRozan last month.
“During the trade deadline, I was hearing Miami was making a push for DeMar DeRozan,” Young said. “He’s close to Jimmy Butler. Would that be a fit?”
DeRozan had been mentioned as a possible target for the Heat throughout the first portion of the 2019-20 season.
So far this season, the 6-foot-6 veteran is averaging 22.2 points, 5.6 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game.
It is unclear what the Heat could have offered the Spurs in exchange for the four-time All-Star.
Even if the Heat had indeed traded for DeRozan last month, he wouldn’t be playing right now.
That is of course because the current NBA season has been suspended for the foreseeable future due to the novel coronavirus.
While the league will reassess the suspension after 30 days, it seems quite likely that play will not restart anytime soon.