- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Signing T.J. McConnell
- Updated: July 2, 2019
The 27-year-old McConnell has four years of NBA experience, all of them wearing a 76ers uniform. He’s delivered career averages of 6.4 points, 4.7 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game, though he’s largely played in a reserve capacity, starting just 72 of his 314 regular season games.
The 6-foot-2 McConnell earned $1.6 million this past season, having made the Sixers in 2015 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Arizona. He spent the final two years of his collegiate career there after playing his first two years at Duquesne University.
During Dragic’s two-month absence last season after knee surgery, Winslow took over and ended up starting a total of 52 games for the year. Putting up career-high numbers, Winslow finished with averages of 12.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game.
Winslow was the 10th overall pick by the Heat in the same 2015 draft that McConnell went undrafted.