- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Signing T.J. McConnell
- Updated: July 2, 2019
The 27-year-old McConnell has four years of NBA experience, all of them wearing a 76ers uniform. He’s delivered career averages of 6.4 points, 4.7 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game, though he’s largely played in a reserve capacity, starting just 72 of his 314 regular season games.
The 6-foot-2 McConnell earned $1.6 million this past season, having made the Sixers in 2015 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Arizona. He spent the final two years of his collegiate career there after playing his first two years at Duquesne University.
During Dragic’s two-month absence last season after knee surgery, Winslow took over and ended up starting a total of 52 games for the year. Putting up career-high numbers, Winslow finished with averages of 12.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game.
Winslow was the 10th overall pick by the Heat in the same 2015 draft that McConnell went undrafted.