- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in Signing T.J. McConnell
- Updated: July 2, 2019
The 27-year-old McConnell has four years of NBA experience, all of them wearing a 76ers uniform. He’s delivered career averages of 6.4 points, 4.7 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game, though he’s largely played in a reserve capacity, starting just 72 of his 314 regular season games.
The 6-foot-2 McConnell earned $1.6 million this past season, having made the Sixers in 2015 as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Arizona. He spent the final two years of his collegiate career there after playing his first two years at Duquesne University.
During Dragic’s two-month absence last season after knee surgery, Winslow took over and ended up starting a total of 52 games for the year. Putting up career-high numbers, Winslow finished with averages of 12.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game.
Winslow was the 10th overall pick by the Heat in the same 2015 draft that McConnell went undrafted.