- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
- Jason Terry says kids only remember him as the guy that got dunked on by LeBron James
Report: Miami Heat interested in DeMarcus Cousins and P.J. Tucker
- Updated: February 20, 2021
The Miami Heat have struggled inexplicably so far this season, and it appears that they are interested in bolstering their frontcourt.
According to reports, Miami is looking into acquiring DeMarcus Cousins and P.J. Tucker, both of whom currently play for the Houston Rockets.
— 5OTF (@5OTF_) February 21, 2021
ESPN reporting Heat interest in PJ Tucker, as we have discussed.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) February 21, 2021
Tucker may be 35 years old but can provide some value for a team looking to get to the next level. He has always been a decent 3-point shooter, and that could help the Heat, as they are one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in terms of efficiency.
Tucker stands at 6-foot-5 but weighs 245 pounds, and he is an effective defender. At times this season, the Heat have also struggled on the defensive end.
Tucker mostly plays power forward, which is perhaps the team’s weakest position, depth-wise.
Cousins is coming off a torn Achilles, a quad injury and a torn ACL, all of which he has suffered in the last few years. He may not be the offensive force he was pre-injury, but he’s still an effective rebounder.
The NBA trade deadline is March 25.